1) Check the model number. Especially iPhones I see many listing them as one thing but the photos are of a different phone. iPhones have a model number on the back. Will say Model A1428 or something like that. Just do a google search put in A1428 or the model you see on the back of the phone and it will tell you what iphone it is. Here is a list of them also.
- A1203: Original iPhone
- A1241: iPhone 3G
- A1303: iPhone 3GS
- A1332, A1349: iPhone 4
- A1387: iPhone 4S
- A1428, A1429: iPhone 5
- A1456, A1507, A1526, A1529, or A1532: iPhone 5c
- A1453, A1457, A1528, A1530, or A1533: iPhone 5s
- A1549, A1586, or A1589: iPhone 6
- A1522, A1524, or A1593: iPhone 6 Plus
- A1633 or A1688: iPhone 6s
- A1634 or A1687: iPhone 6s Plus
- A1723, A1662 or A1724: iPhone SE
2) Never turn over the cash until they have proven the icloud account is removed. If you buy a phone with an icloud account attached to it that phone is basically no good for you. You can’t get an icloud account removed unless you know the password to log out of it.
3) meet the person at a phone store so you can check the phone isn’t stolen or on another account. If its a verizon phone meet at a verizon store and have them check to make sure its clear. If someone wont meet you at a store they are probably trying to rip you off.
If you don’t want to deal with ebay or Craiglist for buying a used phone you can always check us out here at Super Geeks Repairs in Columbia city. We sell new and used phones and we can usually get any phone in for you within a weeks time or less.